Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Yes, I'm Back.

It was a rough last month--I was on an ICU rotation, on call every 3rd night. Which didn't leave much time for eating or sleeping, much less blogging. But I'm on outpatient now, and my schedule is far from full. The move to the new place is almost complete, just waiting for the couch and chair which are scheduled for delivery this weekend. It's nice having something resembling a normal life. In fact this month, I've worked fewer hours than Adam.

It's been beautiful here the last few days, no more June Gloom. The sun is out every day, I have views of palm trees from my window, and it smells like California. There's some sort of tree here that smells like my grandparents house, and it always makes me think of California. It's amazing the power of smells to invoke memories.

So now with more free time, I hope to have more interesting tales to tell. And I'll try to take pictures too. Everything is more interesting with pictures. Plan this weekend is for a trip to the San Diego County Fair. Pig racing! Deep fried avocados! Then I'm headed back to Seattle/Portland for a short visit, before officially starting residency. Luckily I start off residency with an outpatient month, which allows for trips to LA to see the Decemberists with the LA Philharmonic Orchestra, and we're going to see Avenue Q here in San Diego. And of course, lots of time for knitting.

No comments: