Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Wedding Stuff

I know Adam wants to keep some elements of the wedding a surprise, but I hope he won't mind my getting your opinions on the invitations. I've made a prototype, mainly to test out the colors and assembly technique. My aunt is helping with the design, so this was just a simple one that I put together and probably won't be the final product, but it should be close. And I know I am violating wedding invitation ettiquette by using labels rather than hand addressing the envelopes, but I like this look. Martha Stewart recommends using pinking shears to trim the short end, which I might try. Am I going to offend people if I don't hire someone to do my calligraphy (or learn to do it myself)?

Look how nifty they are! They fold over and the return address is on the back!

I had two ideas for the inside part (again, violating wedding ettiquette by not having an inside envelope):
With the RSVP and info card in the back

And with the RSVP and info card layerd on the front (in the final version the text paper will be ivory like the info card in the front, not white--this was just a test)

This will also require several invitation assembly parties, and large quantities of double-sided tape. I could just order them premade, but at $3-4/per invitation vs. $1.50 each with the handmade version, I'd rather spend the money elsewhere. So please, leave your opinions in the comments section. I need feedback!

3 comments:

lola coca-cola said...

I think they look really nice! I had an assembly party for my very complicated invitations (no inside envelope, for what it's worth) and it was fun. If you need volunteers, count me in.

Anonymous said...

I love the invitations! Okay, you wanted honesty. If you're going to use labels, I'd probably go with a clear label and use one of the caligraphy fonts. Terri

kateyritro said...

I do calligraphy, Tracy!!! I'd be happy to help you out... since i'm at home, it will give me a project when bambino is sleeping...