Sunday, March 22, 2009

Forty Hours in Seattle

I had a free weekend so decided to come up to Seattle for a weekend with the girls. We crammed as much as possible into the 40 hours I was here. I am now at the airport and exhausted but had a very good time. The highlights:
- wine with Kate at the Sitting Room on Queen Anne rto catch up on things after she picked me up at the airport
- breakfast with the Tylee girls at the Portage Bay Cafe before Kendell heads off to Belgium for the next 3 months
- high tea at the Queen Mary, which was over the top lacy and frilly but so much fun
- watching the Zags win inglorious fashion while hanging out at dad's
- cocktails in Ballard at BalMar
- and perhaps the most overwhelming aspect: fighting off the Japanese tourists at the Coach outlet store to get my fabulous bag for 50% off! Those tourists do love their Coach bags. There were people buying 5 or 6 bags at a time. Nuts.

Now I'm on my way home. Back to work tomorrow. But really excited to move back home in a few months!

No comments: