Sunday, September 2, 2007

Hot! Hot! Hot!

It is hot this weekend. Very hot. Ninety degrees upstairs. I'm hanging out downstairs trying to get some air moving through here, but we only have windows on the east facing side of our house, so you can't get any air movement. What does one do when you have the weekend off but it is too hot to move?

Adam took off for Sequoia National Park, but I had to stay in town as I'm on cross cover this weekend (I get called in if anyone gets sick). So I had a little party. I had some friends over, and we had a great time. We played a mean game of Monopoly (yes, I'm old and somewhat pathetic). I also made lemon meringue pie, but it was just to hot out--the lemon part wouldn't set. The meringue was good though.

Today I bought some wedding magazines. I'm really overwhelmed by all the planning that needs to be done. We still haven't picked a date or a venue (that's on the schedule for this weekend!), which really needs to happen before we do anything else since that is pretty much going to determine our budget. I am resistent to compromise on the venue (or food!) but am completely willing to cut corners on other elements in order to have my wedding where I want it to be (and I think Adam is on board with that plan!). To that point, I also purchased Bridal Bargains, which comes highly recommended. We'll just take it one step at a time, and I'm sure it will all come together sooner or later.

And knitting. What better way to spend your day when it is 90 degrees out, than playing with wool? Current projects:

Baby hat for a friend of Adam's:

It's hard to see without a good close up picture (and my camera just doesn't take good close ups), but it is a sample of various stitches. Once it is finished, it should look something like a jester hat.

Baby blanket for Adam's sister and their upcoming baby:

It looks poufy because I'm knitting it on circular needles. That's a pocket in the middle. Once I'm done (which hopefully will be soon, because quite honestly, this is a very boring project), I'll knit a little bear to stick in the pocket.

Progress on the Lizard Ridge Afghan:


My camera takes horrible pictures indoors. I can't figure out how to fix the lighting, so you can't quite get the full effect of the (almost!) completed afghan, but the close up gives a good look at what the individual squares look like.

Next week I'm off to Austria. It feels like this trip has been in the planning for so long, it's hard to believe I leave a week from Tuesday! I have several other knitting projects sitting in a box in the closet, which I'll probably take to Austria with me. It will give me something to do on the train to Vienna.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tracy,
We might have to rethink you bringing shorts--there's snow on our mountain today and very cold and windy (but blue sky). We'll keep you posted! Can't wait!!
Love,
Mom