Sunday, September 9, 2007

Wedding Planning

We've narrowed down the wedding to two possible venues with two very different feels. I know which way I'm leaning but so as not to bias my readers, I will keep my opinions to myself.
Option 1: Rays Boathouse--a very nice seafood restaurant on Puget Sound. The ceremony would be at a park up the hill, overlooking the sound and Olympic mountains. This would be a more traditional wedding reception. Pros: it is on the water, it's in Ballard (our favorite Seattle neighborhood), it comes with it's own wedding planner and the food is yummy. Cons: it's a little small and tucked in between two big restaurants and their associated parking lots.

Option 2: Fox Farm Lavender Farm on Vashon Island. A beautiful garden on a little island a short ferry ride from Seattle. Both ceremony and reception would be here. This would be a more casual, but still beautiful reception. Pros: beautiful flowers would require little additional decoration, big space, private and we get the place for the entire day. Cons: we have to arrange our own caterer and do the set up/tear down ourselves. Guests would also have to take a ferry to ceremony, which could be fun, but might be a hassle depending on people's opinions of ferries.

Here are photos:

I would love to hear opinons!

2 comments:

Shell said...

1. Convenient for sure. Maybe you could have the wedding rehearsal dinner somewhere more "outdoorsy" to compensate for the "traditional" day-of?

2. Beautiful and would be a very sweet place to have a wedding. On the other hand, in my experience, it can be VERY stressful managing all the "day-of" details at a DIY-type place, including decorations, band/DJ,etc. Not that I wouldn't recommend it, just that you should have someone (family member, friend, etc.) trained to deal with the details so you don't have to!

Other thoughts - are you going to have an "after party", and if so, perhaps that may figure in somewhere? I wish we had - at least to give our friends a good place to hang out after the main event. As the wedding couple, the wedding and reception go by SO QUICK, would have been awesome to hang out more with our friends.

Don't know if that helps! I didn't really pick out a favorite! I will obviously show up at either place!

:) michelle

kateyritro said...

The pics from the Lavender farm are amazing!! However, one question - would the wedding be at a similar time of year? This is critical in picking outdoor locations because you don't want to show up and have it look like a totally different place... I'm sure you have thought of that, but that was my first idea on how to help choose = ) Btw, Jason says the first place is great too! He used to work at a place right next door!