Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Vacation Continues

Greetings from Lienz! After a very uneventful 18 hours of travel, I have arrived at my mom's home in Lienz, Austria. This was perhaps the most pleasant flying experience I've had in a long time. Perhaps Adam is right, and Alaska is the problem, not the entire airline industry, because I had a lovely United flight. Somehow I got an "executive coach" seat, which meant lots of leg room! And they had a very nice snack. I had a 3 hour layover in DC, but that was ok because they had a Potbelly Sandwich place in the airport, so I happily ate my sandwich and waited comfortably for my next flight. And the flight to Munich? I *love* European airlines. They were so polite, and gave us lots of food and wine. And more wine. I also managed to get some sleep thanks to the neck pillow, eye mask and ear plugs I brought along with me.

And now, I'm in Austria. It's beautiful here. Hopefully the weather will hold, tomorrow we are planning on going to the mountains: Heiligenblut (Holy Blood) and Grossglockner (big bell clapper). We took the dogs for a walk this evening, so I leave you with pictures from that:
The valley where Lienz, my mom's village, lies

No comments: