Friday, December 7, 2007

Christmas Shopping

I am done. And without having to set foot in a single store. I used to love Christmas shopping, the festive decorations, the Christmas music, the egg nog lattes. But that has lost it's magic. Christmas is still my favorite holiday, but more because of the tradition, and the wonderful memories I have of Christmases past. I'm not a religious person, and Christmas has never been a religious holiday for me. It's always about family, and finding ways to show those around you how much you care about them, and enjoying time together. I've always enjoyed getting gifts for people. I love the challenge of finding the perfect gift. And I find the internet makes this that much easier. Not only can you search for exactly what you want, without having to go from store to store and wait in line after line, but there are so many unique and wonderful things to be found on the internet. I have a few favorite places to do my shopping, so if you are still looking, check these sites out:

amazon.com--yes, you all know and love them. I am quite pleased, everything I've ordered through them this year has arrived in less than 3 days! With free super-saver shipping!

mightygoods.com--a lovely person finds fabulous things on the internet and tells you where to find them. I love this site. She also has mightyjunior.com, just for kids

etsy.com--a collection of extremely talented people who makes things and sell them to you. I love the idea behind this site. There are so many artistic and gifted people out there who make fabulous things, and here they have a chance to sell their arts to us.

Tonight is the start of the holiday parties. Adam's company party tonight, department of medicine party next week, and one of Adam's friends is having a holiday cocktail party next weekend. Fun fun fun!

No comments: