Sunday, December 23, 2007

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care.

Those nifty stocking hangers I found on-sale at JoAnn's certainly helped with the stocking hanging! We are all set for Christmas. No traveling for us this year, since I'm on wards and only get one day off per week. I'm on-call Christmas Eve, which people seem to think won't be too bad, because really, who wants to come to the ER on Christmas Eve? We'll see. My lovely family has decided to make the trip down here, so we will be hosting the Tylee Family Christmas this year. Complete with ham, which only Adam, Dad and I will be eating since I somehow belong to a family of vegetarians. They clearly do not understand the wonderfulness that is bacon. Mmm... bacon... Christmas dinner will be a group effort, given that I'm likely working until 1 pm on Christmas Day. I'm making the dough for the rolls tonight. Adam is responsible for the appetizers, mashed potatoes and apple pie. The fam is responsible for their non-beef, non-pork, non-chicken entree. Dad will be making the famous corn su-full. I'll throw together some veggies (maple roasted carrots and green beans with shallots) after we finish opening presents. And after my disappointment last year with the cranberry shortage, I stocked up on cranberries earlier this year, so even though they are no longer available in any grocery store anywhere, I can make my fabulous cranberry nut bread.

In other news, we have designed our save the date cards for the wedding. I just have to print them up and we'll send them out after the new year. Not much else going on on the wedding front. We're in that period of down time before the craziness of last minute planning happens. Fellowship applications are done. It seems endocrine has joined the match this year, which means I don't find out until June 18th where I'm going for fellowship, and similar to match day for residency, I have no choice in the matter. I've gotten a few interview offers so far: OHSU, Colorado, the NIH and UCSD. I haven't scheduled anything though. I'll get around to it after the holiday, and once I'm done with the wards.
Hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday!

1 comment:

Noel Hastings said...

Your house looks so cozy! Thanks for the card, just got it and it made me feel good that someone took the time to write one! We never write anyone anymore. Email Email Email. Anyway, have a happy Christmas!