Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy 2009!

Hope everyone has enjoyed the first two days of 2009. I almost made it until midnight on NYE, but I'm old, so I made Adam come home and go to bed at 11:30 pm. And then I had to work on the 1st. I was hoping to get out early, but given the unpredictable nature of my job, two of our patients ended up needing to be transfered to the ICU, so that kept me busy most of the day. Today was my (much needed) day off. I only have another week of this rotation, two more call nights, and then life should be better for a few months at least. Adam and I are getting ready for the puppy, who we are picking up on January 10th, although we are still debating names for the pup. And today I have decided I'm going to knit nothing but socks from here on. They are so much fun to knit, and perfect for me. They have complicated patterns, they only take about a week to make, they have a very basic structure so I can make them without a pattern and they are actually practical and something I will wear. Here are the finished Christmas socks:



Lovely, aren't they? And very soft and warm. I'm now working on a pair for me--different pattern, and green, but I'm very excited about them. Sure, I will still knit the occasional baby hat, and I do have three sweaters in various states of completion that I will get around to finishing eventually, but this sock knitting thing--I can't believe it took me this long to try socks!

1 comment:

Shell said...

A really good knitter friend of mine is going to host a series of sock knitting sessions soon - I can't wait to learn! You can see some of her projects on her blog: http://5012oregonhaus.blogspot.com/