Friday, October 19, 2007

Weekend in the Desert

This weekend I'm at a conference in Palm Springs. I drove out today after work. I expected the trip to be all interstate, but I was pleasantly surprised to find most of the drive was two lane highway though the mountains with an amazing sunset. I probably would have enjoyed the drive more had there not been other drivers on my tail the entire time. I have trouble driving in the dark. I don't see well, and so I need to drive slower that I normally would. Apparently other people can see better, and thus are able to drive narrow two lane mountain roads in the dark at about 70 mph. But I survived unscathed. Palm Springs is an odd place. You drive for hours with nothing other than a few scattered Indain reservations, come down out of the mountains and there you have it--high end strip malls as far as the eye can see. Tomorrow I will spend the day exploring the Hyatt Grand Champions Resort while learning about various aspects of internal medicine. Yeah, sometimes what I do with my freetime is a little boring. Perhaps when I get back to San Diego Sunday, Adam and I will go flying. He's been wanting to that, and it would give me something more interesting to write about. :)

1 comment:

Noel Hastings said...

So it is you that I am always tailgating! Hope you are having a nice time in stripmallville. The dive sounds nice though.