Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Dress shopping

I went wedding dress shopping with Kate and Emily back in September when I was in Seattle, thinking it would be fun to go with those two (what isn't fun with those two?). I also figured I'd do my *real* dress shopping in San Diego, given that I actually live in San Diego. I didn't actually expect to find THE dress on the first day of shopping. In Seattle. So the last 6 weeks have been a quest to find the same dress here in San Diego. How hard could that be? Very, as I have discovered. Bridal shops only carry certain lines of dresses, and for whatever reason no shop in San Diego carries the line that I was looking for. I was on the verge of a road trip to Santa Ana before I finally found a shop that would special order the dress for me. It was a little disconcerting handing over my $$$, being told repeatedly that there are no refunds, and then being told that I shouldn't expect to see my dress before April. But it really is the perfect dress, and once you find the perfect dress, no amount of shopping will find one that could take its place. If you are not Adam, and would like to see the dress, email me and I will send you the link (of a model wearing the dress, not me--did you know these things are copyrighted and they won't let you take pictures until you have actually purchased the dress?).

1 comment:

Noel Hastings said...

I want to see the copyrighted dress! I think the whole wedding world is one where the laws of physics are slightly different. Must be fun to play in it for a while! Glad to hear you are doing well.