Thursday, August 21, 2008

Unpacking

I don't know why I never plan for the recovery phase of any vacation. I like to cram as much in as possible into my days off, and then come home exhausted, ready to start work the next day!

We got home this morning, after our two week wedding and honeymoon adventure. Faced with an empty fridge, boxes of wedding gifts, piles of mail and strangely about 2 dozen dead house flies, we set to work getting settled back in. First order of business was to sweep up the dead flies, because that was kind of gross. Grocery shopping, mail sorting and gift opening has been completed. I have yet to wash the Amazon off any of my clothes, but that's next up. Along with sorting through the 700 pictures we have of our adventure. And the (literally) 1000 pictures from our wedding. It's all a bit overwhelming, but I'm sure we'll be back in our routine in the next few days.

I promise there will be wedding pictures and Peru pictures for those who care, but we just need a bit more time to get it all organized. And figure out how to get the pictures off the new camera!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home my dears! Can't wait to hear about your trip. Thank you for sharing your beautiful wedding day with all of us. I cherish the memories and look at the pictures every day.
Love you both,
Mom
XOX