Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy (Belated) 4th

I was going to tell you all about my weekend in Santa Barbara. How Adam and I had a lovely road trip up the coast. How we stopped at the Reagan Library in Simi Valley and learned all about Reagan's early years. How we spent the night in Santa Barbara and drove up to wine country the next morning, unaffected by the fires just north of town. How we spent the morning strolling around Solvang, a quaint Danish village in the hills, then stopped at 4 different vineyards as we drove through the canyons. How we went berry picking on a farm. How it was a beautiful trip, with some delicious wine. How we drove down Hwy 1 for a very scenic trip home, stopping for seafood in Malibu as we watched the dolphins swim by. And yes, it was a beautiful weekend. But then at 5:55 am today, this happened:


Allow me to introduce Barrett James Tylee (whose parents hopefully will not mind my posting his photo to the internet for all to see). My nephew. Who looks remarkably like my brother which is funny, because my brother looks nothing like a newborn. I think it is the blond hair.

Baby trumps wine tasting any day. Happy Birthday Barrett!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to make the new dad cry Tracy!