Friday, July 25, 2008

New Schedule

Today I start a new rotation. We normally change rotations every 2 weeks if we are on out-patient or consults, and every month if we are on in-patient. Luckily (for me at least) my last rotation--out-patient endocrine at Kaiser--was a full month. And I loved every minute of it. Today I start out-patient neurology. I am much less excited about this one, but it is required, so I have no choice. At least this year they have changed it to out-patient. Last year you had to take overnight call and see in-patient consults and from what I understand, it was an overall miserable experience. I can't really complain about the schedule. Clinic today is from 10 am to 3 pm, which means I should get to the airport in plenty of time to catch my flight to Missoula to meet my nephew, who we shall call Little Bear.

I have a lovely gift for him, perhaps my loveliest knitting project to date (I know! Knitting! Where has all the knitting gone? Someday it will return. Perhaps when I no longer spend my afternoons trying to figure out seating arrangement and appetizer menus?). I would show you a picture, but I can't find the cord to connect my camera to my computer. I know it is here somewhere, but I'm currently working with a lot of piles, my chosen organizational method, and I haven't sorted through it all yet. I also have pictures of Santa Barbara still to share (although Adam posted them to his blog, he was the last to use the camera cord, yet insists he does not have it. Hmm...).

The wedding is in two weeks. And then to Peru. I haven't had much time to think about the honeymoon. I have failed to get the recommended vaccinations, mainly because they are only recommended, not required. The hassle involved in trying to find a clinic that does Yellow Fever vaccines after hours or on weekends isn't worth it for the three days I will be in the jungle. I have DEET and I'm not afraid to use it.

That's it for now. Happy Friday. I will tell you all about my exciting Montana weekend when I return. Hopefully there will be some Mackenzie River Pizza in there somewhere. And perhaps some Moose Drool. I like Montana.

No comments: