Sunday, October 26, 2008

Ninety Degree Halloween

I remember trick-or-treating in Idaho, where you would have to get so bundled up in order to brave the frigid weather on Halloween, that it didn't really matter what your costume was--no one could see it. But here in southern California, I attended a pumpkin carving party in 80 degree weather. Something very non-fall-like about it, but a good time nonetheless.

It's great living a short drive from the O.C. Two of my very good friends from college live up there, and it is so much fun getting to see them every once in awhile. Now that we are older, and all living our own lives in various parts of the country, married, starting families, it is hard to find the time to get together anymore. My wedding was the last of the bunch, so we don't even have weddings as an excuse to get together anymore. Chrissy and I decided we need to start planning group vacations. If anyone wants to get on that, I should be free sometime in 2010. :)

I had a lovely time today. Running in San Diego. Brunch in Fullerton. Pumpkin carving in Huntington Beach. A very nice end to a weekend that started off with a very bad hangover. Hopefully it will cool off by Friday so those California kids get a taste of fall. And hopefully not many of them come trick-or-treating at our house, so I can eat the Snickers and Twix I bought to hand out.

2 comments:

kateyritro said...

So glad you had a fun time carving today!! You're pumpkin looks AWESOME!!! We're so glad to get to see you too...

Christine said...

Oooh, cool! Maybe I should actually buy a candle and see what my pumpkin looks like when it's all lit up... maybe this will happen by Friday.

So fun to see you this weekend, and I too had lots of fun at Katey's... even if I felt a little anti-social in that I didn't really introduce myself to many people there--sorry to be so rude, Katey and thanks for the party! :)