Thursday, March 20, 2008

Denver, and other assorted items.

I know you have been eagerly awaiting my report on my interview in Denver, and I aplologize for keeping you all on the edges of your seats. University of Colorado was very nice. I was pleasantly surprised with the program. The people were great, the program is very diverse and quite impressive with the work they are doing. And Denver was nice too. It is sunny most of the time, and so close to the beautiful Rocky Mountains. I think this would probably be the best program for me, if there weren't so many other reasons to go back to Seattle. We'll see how things end up working out. But now I am done with the interviews, and just wait. Match Day is June 18th.

We went snowboarding while in Colorado, my first time. While I started to get the hang of it there towards the end of the day, I think I'm going to stick with skiing. My ass cannot take the falling that comes with snowboarding. And I fear getting the front edge stuck in the snow and whacking my face on the ground. At least with skiing I have the option of falling sideways, which hurts much less.


And on the knitting front, I'm one step closer to finishing the fabulous Lizard Ridge afghan:
Just needs an edging and it is complete. I'm already using it though, it is wonderfully warm and cozy.

As for wedding planning, we're getting there! Kate and Emily are coming out to SD this weekend to help me compile a list of things to do, and then we will figure out how to delegate. I'm setting things up for my visit to Seattle next month--meeting with the secret dessert people. If you really like wedding cake, I apologize. We will not be having wedding cake. We will be having something even better. Yum. I am also going to meet with our photographer, and try to find a florist. Right now I'm in the midst of finding someone to do the alterations on my dress. Due to the fact that my hips are about 3 sizes larger than my chest, we have some serious work to do to make sure it doesn't fall down. So far I've gotten quotes that range from $200 to $900, but no one has actually seen the dress yet. I'm hoping it can be done for closer to the $200 price.

So that's what's going on here. Which may explain why I haven't written anything in awhile. It's really not all that interesting, is it?

No comments: