Monday, June 16, 2008

Dog Days of Summer

We have a dog for a few weeks--dogsitting for friends visiting the east coast. Having a dog is great. It is nice having someone/thing to hang out with during the day. Today Karma came with me on all my errands, testing the dog-compatiblity of our new car. It works great. She hung out in the back with her travel water bowl, and seemed quite happy riding along back there.

It was a beautiful day and I wanted to spend some time outside, since I've been stuck in the hospital for so many many hours this week. While dogs are not allowed on most beaches around there, there is one beach in Ocean Beach called "Dog Beach" where dogs are allowed to roam free, so that is where we went. It was great. I was able to sit and enjoy the sun, while Karma ran wild. I had forgotten her ball in the car, but she took advantage of all the other dogs playing fetch with their owners, and jumped right in their games. I caught some of it on video:

One of the dogs she was chasing, was playing frisbee with his owner. And quite the frisbee player he was. I wonder if Vizslas are any good at frisbee?

Overall, it has been a good day. Adam is home. Only two weeks of 2nd year left. Match Day is day after tomorrow. And Karma wants her Mom and Dad to know that she had a great day too (and we promise to give her a bath before she comes home!).

1 comment:

Jason and Katey said...

Thanks for taking Karma out for such a fun time at the beach! We are very happy to see she is having a fun vacation.