Thursday, June 19, 2008

Good Times

I'm still busy busy busy. I was on call last night, and managed to get about 4 hours of uninterrupted sleep. Although there was one nurse in particular who kept paging me to tell me a patient had not peed during her entire shift. Yes, at times that is important. But at 3 am and again at 4 am, I really didn't care. In fact, *I* hadn't peed during her entire shift, and my kidneys are working just fine thank you.

Today I decided to forgo my post-call nap and Karma and I headed to the dog park for an afternoon game of fetch. Or rather chase, but not retrieve. I think the "Chuckit" has got to be the world's greatest invention. For those of us who (forgive the sexism) throw like girls, and people like me who despise saliva (which is one of the main reasons I could not be a GI doctor. Poop doesn't bother me, it's the saliva... yuck.) the Chuckit is a lifesaver. I had Karma running from one end of the dog park to the other despite my complete inability to throw and without once having to come in contact with dog saliva. Finally she picked up the ball, walked over the shade and collapsed. I saw that as a victory on my part. I had tired her out.

Tonight was mellow. Adam made steak. I made asparagus. Karma played with her faceless, stuffing-less, shell of a previously stuffed bear (it's a very morbid appearing toy but she loves that thing). And now, at two minutes before 9 pm, I am going to sleep.

No comments: