Saturday, June 28, 2008

Dog Wash Saturday

I'm almost done with the CCU. We have a long stretch the last rotation of the year, so I have an extra 5 days of work this month. I'm done as of Tuesday at 7 am. Today was my day off. So Karma and I went to the dog wash. She's been a very good dog while visiting us. Until yesterday when she decided to roll in some dog poo. Adam was the one who had to deal with the initial hosing down, as she did her rolling on their morning walk before Adam had to go to work. Today I took her for a real bath, at the South Bark Dog Wash. People are a little weird about their dogs around here. When we had to find a place to board her while Adam was out of town and I was on-call, we found all kinds of craziness. Fido & Co. is a "canine country club" that requires an application fee. And offers spa services, including pedicures and massages. There are places that offer a shuttle service to their facility. At the dog wash today, Karma got a blueberry facial. Seriously? A dog facial? I don't know that she really enjoyed anything about her bath, not even the aromatherapy facial. And I don't know that I would take a dog to a dog wash again. It was nice that I didn't have to clean up the mess (and what a mess there was!) but for $12 I could buy a whole bottle of lavender-mint shampoo and wash the dog in my own bathtub many times over. I don't even take myself to the spa. Should my dog really have a better life than I do?

No comments: