Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Cooking

I cooked dinner tonight, a recipe from one of my favorite food blogs, Smitten Kitchen. This one was great, a one pot meal, that didn't require much in the way of grocery shopping, tasted fabulous, will make excellent leftovers, and both Adam and his brother liked it. I love cooking. I wish I had more time for it. There are times when I wish I didn't have to work. I would spend each morning drinking my coffee, doing a crossword puzzle (I do miss my New York Times crossword puzzle), go for a jog. Then come home and plan menus for the week. I would do my grocery shopping in the middle of the day, when the stores are less crowded. I could then spend all the time in the world preparing some fabulous meal. Complete with vegetables and side dishes. Of course, in this fantasy world I would have every kitchen appliance and gadget imaginable and tons of counter-space. I would also have a maid who came once a week, so I never had to worry about cleaning the bathroom or folding laundry, my two most hated chores. I could just cook. And we'd have a dog. In my fantasy world we have a black lab named Millie.

No comments: