Monday, November 19, 2007

My Love Affair With Google

I love google. We were first introduced with the search engine. I was initially attracted to its simple appearance. But our relationship really took off with I met gmail. I loved how it grouped conversations. I love that all of my old messages are saved. I love the ability to type in a key word and it will find whatever old message I'm looking for. Gmail and I are tight. Then there are the relatively new kids on the block, goog-411 and google SMS services. Free 411! I can get any info I want via text message. Movie times! Directions! Weather! Flight info! We're in the honeymoon period, you know where you get all dreamy eyed and smile that goofy grin whenever you talk about them. We haven't gotten to the point where we recognize each other's flaws, but give us time. I'm sure we'll have a few disagreements along the way. Today I met the latest member of the google family. Google pages. We've just met, but the inital chemistry is definitely there. I like what it does, I like what it has to offer. This could just be the inital attraction you have with any first date. I don't know if our relationship will progress to the same level that gmail and I have together, but there is definitely potential. We'll be spending some quality time together this week. I'll keep you posted on how things go.

No comments: