Thursday, November 1, 2007

Using Technology to My Advantage

I'm a bit slow to jump on the technology bandwagon. I don't do text messaging. It takes me too long to type with my thumbs. If I have something to say, it's much faster to just dial the darn phone. Over the weekend however, I discovered some of the wonderful things google is doing with cell phones. I'm already a loyal user of goog-411, google's free version of 411. You can get addresses, phone numbers, look up entire catagories of businesses if you don't remember the name of the place you are looking for. So when Adam and I were trying to go to a movie on Sunday (I pulled a typical Dr. Jones maneuver and got my times and theaters mixed up so we ended up at the wrong place at the wrong time). Being without the internet, I didn't know how to figure out where we were supposed to be. Adam (or rather Adam's brother) saved the day... text "google" with the name of the movie you want to see, and the city or zip code where you want to see it and voila! You get a return text with the theaters and times where the movie is playing. I love it!
And this is my first attempt to blog via email. Success?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing? I discovered blog via email today too. Dangerous!