Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving, the prelude

Tonight Adam heads off to Philadelphia for Thanksgiving with the family. I am stuck in San Diego, not working, but I'm on-call if anyone gets sick. So I must be able to get to the hospital within an hour. I will hopefully not get called in and get to spend the day with friends, but you never know what illness is lurking (or which of my fellow residents will decide they don't want to work on Thanksgiving and feign illness). I will miss having Adam around for the next few days, but I view this as an opportunity to eat the things I truly love that he can't stand. Like anything with olives. Or bleu cheese. Or pumpkin. Mmmm... I'm already dreaming of the pumpkin waffles I'm going to make myself for breakfast this weekend. And I have a whole list of recipes to try out during this long weekend. Should be a lovely time.

No comments: