Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Turkey Day!

I didn't get called into work today (yay!), so I'll be spending the day with friends. This morning I watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and my new favorite Thanksgiving Day tradition--the National Dog Show! It's like a menu of dogs, you look at the various breeds, and figure out which ones you would like. I had decided I want a flat-coated retriever. It's a lovely dog.

In addition to my extensive television watching this morning, I'm going to make some sort of vegetable for today's Thanksgiving dinner. I was going to make the traditional Tylee Family corn souffle (pronounced soo-full) but I didn't motivate to get the jiffy corn muffin mix and there is no way I'm braving the grocery store now, so we'll have to save it for Christmas. I'm also experimenting with bread making. I was intrigued by this recipe for rolls, no kneading!, so I'm giving it a shot. I think they will go nicely with the onion soup I'm going to try to make tomorrow. I love lazy weekends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had corn pudding today -- is that the same thing? Jiffy muffins, sour cream, cream corn, butter, egg, etc? Yum.

Shell said...

I have long wanted a flat-coated retriever/lab mix. I bet that is close to the best. dog. ever.
michelle