Sunday, November 2, 2008

NaBloPoMo Day 2--SeaWorld

Today was an odd day, weather-wise. It was sunny, but cool this morning when I went for a run. Cloudy and cool when we went out to breakfast. Sunny again by the time we arrived at SeaWorld, but shortly after arriving, the clouds rolled in and it began to rain! Not real rain of course, just a heavy mist. But those wimpy So. Californians abandoned the dog and cat show we were watching at the time (they have trained cats at SeaWorld! Who knew you could train a cat!), to head for cover. We soon joined them, but the rain was short-lived, and we were able to enjoy the remainder of our day in the lovely fall sun. The best part about visiting theme parks in the off season... no crowds! We were able to go on all the rides, with just a 5 minute wait, including what turned out to be our favorite part of the day, the river rapids ride. You know the one, where you and 6 other people since in an innertube/boat and float down the river? You get wet sure, but when people along the sides are allowed to point water canons at you? You get DRENCHED. After some complete strangers drenched us, we decided to exact our revenge. It was far more fun than I imagined it would be.

Here I am plotting my attack (notice the devious smile):My finger on the button, awaiting my victims: Nice people, unsuspecting as they wave at me as they float by: Evil laugh as I hit the button launching a stream of water at them:It was great. The best 25 cents I ever spent.
Oh yeah, we saw Shamu too. He was ok, but not nearly as much fun as the water canon.
All the pics from the day (including a few from the sunset at La Jolla Cove) here:

Tomorrow I think I will tell you all about my adventures in Alaska, circa 2003.

No comments: