Sunday, November 30, 2008

NaBloPoMo Day 30--Done

Sunday on-call at the VA is usually a pretty quiet day. They don't have a real ER there, so not a lot of sick people show up. There are no clinics on the weekends, so docs can't send their patients to the hospital, and there are no weekend procedures, so the orthopedic surgeons can't dump their patients on our service ("yeah, I know he's got a broken hip, but I think he'd be better served on medicine." "what are his medical problems?" "he's 85, i'm sure he's got something").


Today was no exception. I actually got to leave work at 6 pm, since we don't stay overnight when we're on call at the VA. It was nice to have time to catch up on the boring but necessary aspects of life. Like laundry. But I also had time to catch up on my food blogs, bookmarking all the recipes I want to make in the coming weeks. And we finished our Christmas shopping last night (thank you Amazon!) so I pulled out all the wrapping paper and gift tags so I can start putting together the packages to send off to our various relatives.


I feel like it has been a ridiculously long time since I had a day off (it was Tuesday...). And you my dear readers have had a ridiculously long time without an interesting post about anything. We're both in luck. Wednesday, I get the day off. Finally. And today is the last day of nablopomo. I'll probably disappear for awhile, it's hard to post regularly when I'm on the wards, mostly because not a lot happens in my non-hospital life. So you all have a little break to look forward to. Thanks for putting up with this. I think I will not do it next year.

No comments: