Monday, November 24, 2008

NaBloPoMo Day 24--Progress

A few months ago I decided I needed to do something to get back into shape. So I started running. Very slowly. In fact, 2 months ago when I started, I was walking more than I was running. My route looked like this (you may have to move it around to get the full route to show up, I can't figure out how to make google maps look the way I want them to in my blog):


View Larger Map


Today I ran 5 miles. Still, interspersed with occasional walking, but I've made progress. In fact, I'm now having to double back and loop around in order to make my route long enough to get my entire run in. Here's what I did today:


View Larger Map

The best part of all of this is that I can actually tell a difference. I have muscles again, my clothes fit better. It's amazing. Excericse and eating less (and honestly, I'm not eating that much less--just no snacks and no seconds) really do lead to weight loss!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can you remind me of how you work up to bigger distances? I ran a mile last night on the treadmill and was so proud of myself, but I know the treadmill doesn't count...